Ubuntu is hiring in Taiwan - Ubuntu 新聞 - 新聞
Technical Sales Engineer/Linux Engineer (Taiwan)
Posting Date & ID: July 2007 TSE
Reports to: Director of Custom Engineering
Job Location: Home based position in Taiwan, with regular travel engagements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Hands-on and independent engineer to be responsible for on-site interaction with major OEMs and ODMs bringing new Mobile Internet Devices to market.
- Responsible for creating demonstrations and making presentations to potential customers.
- Strong communication skills, excellent technical knowledge, flexible work hours, must interact with multiple team members in other geographies.
- Some travel required, mostly in Asia.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ubuntu or other open source software experience a major plus
- Software development skills or knowledge
- Initial bring-up of x86 PC designs
- Consumer electronics a plus
- Experience working at or with a PC or CE ODM/OEM
- Familiarity with various BIOS implementations
- Fluent in English
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years related experience
- 1+ year experience with Linux system configuration and/or system management
- Have strong social skills, a good networker and a good technical knowledge and overview of the Open Source development process.
- Candidates should be process driven, strategically minded and committed. Good public speaking skills a bonus.
- Applications must be made in English.